VISA ISSUANCE FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE (as issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand) [NON-IMMIGRANT “O-A” (LONG STAY)] This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to take retreat in the Kingdom at least for the period of one year. QUALIFICATION OF THE APPLICANT
  • A foreign national whose age is 50 years or above (on the date of submitting the application). Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D.1979). Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence. Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted. Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) Not being allowed to work in Thailand.
  • A passport with validity not less than 18 months
  • Three copies of visa application form completely filled out.
  • Three passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months.
  • A personal Data Form
  • A copy of bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht.
  • In the case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is to be shown as well.
  • Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the country of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarized by notary organs or the applicants diplomatic/consular mission
  • Applicants can submit their applications either at the Thai embassy / consular missions where they have their permanent residence or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand. (Address: Section 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration 1, Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Telephone 287-4948 (direct line) or 287-3101-10 ext. 2236)
  • Please be advised that the following applicants are eligible to apply for this type of visa in the country:
  • Applicants undergoing Health Rehabilitation Program in hospitals or Health Centers. These organizations will apply on behalf of the individual applicant.
  • Applicants who are spouses / parents / children of applicants above.
  • Applicants to whom the agencies or organizations approved by the Office of the Immigration Bureau have applied for visa on their behalf. The above mentioned applicants must have qualifications stated in 1 and 2.
  • The Consular missions will be notified to issue visa to the individual applicant when the Office of Immigration Bureau has given approval.
  • When completing the stay of 90 days in the Kingdom, the alien shall report to the competent authority and repeat it every 90 days with the immigration officer in the alien’s residence area, or report to the police station in the alien’s residence area if there is no immigration control there. (In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows
  • The Report Form (Tor Mor 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp as well as a self addressed envelop with postage affixed, shall be forwarded, by 7 days before the due date, by acknowledgement of receipt mail to the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 1012
  • In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report shall be enclosed as well.
  • At the end of the one-year stay, the alien who wishes to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the extended period at the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit account in the Kingdom, or an income certificate, at the amount of not less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus a deposit account at the total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht a year. Extension for one year at a time will be granted to this group of people as long as they meet the requirements as earlier stated and is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
  • If the alien’s spouse wishes to extend his/her stay as well, the marriage certificate shall be produced.
  • For further information visit