Here is a very basic lease agreement that can be used as an outline for your own lease agreement
This Lease Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into on the date of the last signature below by and between:
Landlord: [Landlord Name]
Tenant: [Tenant Name]
for the residential property located at:
- TERM OF LEASE. This lease shall commence on [Start Date] and shall continue until [End Date]. This lease shall automatically renew for successive terms of [Renewal Term] unless either party gives written notice of nonrenewal at least [Number] days prior to the expiration of the then current term.
- RENT. The Tenant shall pay to the Landlord as rent for the Premises the sum of $[Amount] per month, payable in advance on the first day of each month. Rent shall be paid by check or money order and delivered to the Landlord at the following address: [Landlord Address].
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. The Tenant shall deposit with the Landlord at the time of signing this Agreement the sum of Baht [Amount] as security for the full and faithful performance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Landlord may apply the security deposit to the payment of any damages to the Premises or any sums due under this Agreement. If the Tenant fully performs all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and surrenders the Premises in the same condition as when received, reasonable wear and tear excepted, the Landlord shall return the security deposit to the Tenant within [Number] days after the Tenant vacates the Premises.
- UTILITIES. The Tenant shall be responsible for paying for all utilities and services used at the Premises, including but not limited to electricity, gas, water, telephone, and cable.
- USE OF PREMISES. The Tenant shall use the Premises only as a private residence and shall not use the Premises for any commercial or illegal purposes. The Tenant shall not cause or permit any nuisance or disturbance on or about the Premises. The Tenant shall not sublet the Premises or any part thereof without the written consent of the Landlord.
- MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS. The Tenant shall keep the Premises clean and in good repair and shall promptly notify the Landlord of any needed repairs. The Tenant shall not make any alterations or improvements to the Premises without the written consent of the Landlord. The Landlord shall be responsible for all repairs and maintenance to the Premises except for those repairs and maintenance caused by the negligence or intentional acts of the Tenant.
- ACCESS TO PREMISES. The Landlord shall have the right to enter the Premises for the purpose of inspection, repair, or maintenance, provided that the Landlord shall give the Tenant reasonable notice of such entry.
- CONDITION OF PREMISES. The Tenant acknowledges that the Premises are in good and habitable condition.
- DEFAULT. If the Tenant defaults in the performance of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Landlord may terminate this Agreement and the tenancy by giving the Tenant written notice of such termination.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of [State].
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement on the date and year first above written.